Siren Soup

Monday, September 26, 2005

I came very close to becoming a vegetarian last night....


When I go to a nice restaurant where there are things on the menu like Faus gras I really don't want what comes out on my plate to look like the above.

I, contrary to popular belief am not a bear. I do not like standing in a rushing river up to my waist, grabbing live fish out of the water, staring them down, then biting their head off.

Actually, when I eat fish at a restaurant I prefer it not to resemble the animal it came from in any way shape or form. That means that no matter how much the gay chef in the back thinks it looks pretty to serve me my trout with the fin sticking up in the back and all the skin on the bottom, it is very not cool. Because then I have to look very uncouth when the guy sitting across from me puts a piece of dinner bread over the fin so I don't have to look at it. Oy.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:39 PM, Blogger JR said…

    Its a good thing it didn't have the head as well. There wasn't enough bread.

     
  • At 9:28 PM, Blogger JR said…

    hope you are feeling better...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home