Siren Soup

Monday, October 24, 2005

Morbid thoughts can be darn funny....

So as I was driving back from the gym in the rain tonight (between Wendy's number one in Newington which was OUT of Baked Poratoes [THE HORROR] and Wendy's number 2 in Rocky Hill) I slam on my brakes and nearly slide off the road courtesy of the 98 year old man in front of me who can't see over his own glasses much less the steering wheel. {weren't these people supposed to be in FL already so other people can deal with them? ;-) }

So anyway, after escaping with my life I continue driving down the road in the rain towards Wendy's number 2.

I was thinking, wow, I could've died back there. I wonder what my family would have me buried in if I had. And you know, it was darn funny! I mean I suppose it wouldn't be so funny for someone older because it would be perfectly normal and expected to say, be buried in a suit. But me, being 25 and having no real distinct style of my own, I was wondering what they would choose...

Would it be one of those horrible interview suits I have been forced to wear over the years?

Jeans and my playboy bunny crop top with the glittery pink bunny head? (not likely-but it would be darn funny 0 and if they did I hope they would stencil on some abs....it's amazing what they can do with makeup these days...)

My funniest vision, however, was them putting me in one of my evening gowns (wish I would hope they wouldn't because with what those suckers cost...someone else should get some use out of them...) But it was just really humorous picturing being put into an evening gown to be buried. I mean would they at least due a good job of duct taping so I had the appropriate cleavage? I quite doubt it which makes the whole vision far more disturbing.

Wow. If anyone was under the impression I was normal...I have definitely dispelled that!

I'm done now.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:14 PM, Blogger L said…

    If I were to be buried in an evening gown, I would expect a terribly glamorous tiara as well...

     
  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger Rhodent said…

    Cleavage is tough when you are lying on your back!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home