Siren Soup

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Addictive Personalities and Apple Fritters

My posts have been someone lacking in the past week due to my time being duly monopolized by a certain waffle house loving southerner. But I'm back with a few random thoughts.
Warm apple firtters are very good.

Many things are bad for competitive people with addictive personalities.

1. Bowling.

2. Touch Screen strategy games of the bar-top variety.

3. Blogs of people who have a far more interesting life than you. This can cause one to get very upset when they feel they are being excluded from interesting juicy gossip.

I don't want to know about accidentally acquired men. I swear I don't. I swear I am not upset that all I got to satiate my hunger for living vicariously through someone with an interesting life was a rant on bad fashion.

::Sigh::

I'm going to stop now.

This addictive personality is going to return to watching Season 3 of Alias on DVD for the third time....

Fun fact of the day:

The origin of the word "smooch" as reported by the Merriam Webster Dictionary:

Main Entry: 2smooch
Function: intransitive verb
Etymology: alteration of smouch to kiss loudly
: KISS, PET

Main Entry: 3smooch
Function: transitive verb
Etymology: probably alteration of smutch, verb
: SMUDGE, SMEAR

2 Comments:

  • At 6:34 PM, Blogger JR said…

    The touch screen game is especially evil. There is a reason I went cold turkey on video games.

     
  • At 11:25 PM, Blogger Rhodent said…

    Sorry, I'm afraid he may have gotten the video game addiction gene from me. Sigh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home