Siren Soup

Friday, December 23, 2005

Miracle on 6th Street....

Ok, so I know it been over a month since I posted but I choose to blame that entirely on snortmonkey monopolizing most of my time.

So in the spirit of the holiday season I figured I would post a couple pictures from my very first "Christmas in NYC". It was quite a miracle that we ended up leaving NY the day before the Transit strike started (woohoo!) however that didn't make it any easier to catch a cab at 4:00 pm when the shifts are changing in the city....

So we took the lovely Metro North rail train into the the city on Sunday morning and stayed in a brand new hotel at 6th and 39th. It was very nice. After a nice lunch we headed over to the MoMA - The Museum of Modern Art.

This was quite entertaining as I was having a hard time keeping tabs on JPR there. If I hadn't dragged him out of the room with the "choir" singing (40 individual speakers each with the voice of one of the people making up the choir coming out of it) he would probably still be sitting there right now!

After a nice gift exchange we headed off to dinner at Cite' - a very nice restaurant on 51st St.


We then took a chilly walk over to Rockefeller Center - but it was definitely worth the cold toes that resulted! A very nice NYPD officer offered to take our picture since we were doing a rather poor job of tring the stretch out your arm and take the pic due to our height difference and the fact that we were standing up....


We then proceeded to the nearest bar cause it was DARN cold! There were some authentic Irish people there...I LOVE accents... JPR was slightly less interested in the cute bar tended with the Irish accent than I was.... But we did successfully take a self portrait:


We retired early as we had an exciting morning of Ice Skating the next day! Tall people with skinny legs fall much farther when THEY fall on the ice...


Well I am off to deliver JPR to the airport to visit sunny FL...grr. So you can blame this lame post on him! :-)

5 Comments:

  • At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You implying that I fell is crap. I barely even came close to falling.

     
  • At 11:53 PM, Blogger L said…

    heh heh heh

     
  • At 12:55 AM, Blogger Rhodent said…

    Looks like you had a great time! I can't wait to visit JPR up there... maybe we could fit in a short trip to the city? If not, just being in the snow again will be a thrill for me! I am also trying to convince him to take the Alaskan Inner Passage cruise with us in August. "L" is considering it, and Matt's coming with us dep[ends on his new job and what kind of vacation time he will have. I suppose the whales will be there another year... but you know those glaciers ARE melting ;o)

     
  • At 8:08 PM, Blogger L said…

    You and JPR are even more irresponsible bloggers than I am! You're both still stuck in December! heh heh heh :)

     
  • At 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    SNORTMONKEY!!!! First sentence. Sheeze. You ARE paranoid. =)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home