Siren Soup

Monday, November 14, 2005

A Journey to the Armpit of the USA...



















An exciting weekend in the life of Miss C.

This weekend's adventures involved a nice little road trip to good old NJ to grace the younger generation of deepher's with the presence of some truly amazing alumnae at their alumnae day.
Hadn't been back in about 4 years and was interesting to see what they had done to the place but was a bit of a bust due to poor scheduleing and communication, not nearly as many of the cool people I would have liked to catch up with were there. But I did get to see Seaman, Quigs, Rachel, Crystal and her ever cheerful hubby, Henry. (We never made fun of him by saying "Oh, Henry" --- I swear!)

I was lucky enough to have company with me on my adventure however I resent my company being referred to as a "poodle". First off I don't even LIKE poodles, second, if you are going to try to make an analogy or comparison or whatnot - do it right! I mean poodles are so pompus they definitely don't follow you around. So if you are trying to make the jab at least use something like a golden retreiver - they're cute and so dumb they would follow you anywhere! Much better I think, but that's just me!

So after prancing around "the house" for a bit People mentioned above, minus Rachel, plus my company went out for a pleasant dinner in Princeton at The Alchemist and The Barrister . Very Princeton name I think.

We also enjoyed the best brunch EVER at PJ's Pancake House. You so cannot go to Princeton without a stop at PJ's.

For those of you who may not have know (ahem, JPR) Princeton is not just a University, it is a town. A Town in NJ. Who knew? Oy.

ANYWAY.... WE of course also stopped at my second favorite place after The Book Barn - The Princeton Record Exchange. Always a good place to go to remember the music you used to listen to. For only $14 I got 5 CD's - Stone Temple Pilots, R.E.M., Oasis, Realtiy Bites Soundtrack, and of course I am blanking on #5. Oh well the point is I have no antenna on my car so my new CD's made the drive home much nicer. My company was getting a little tired of "Mix #13".

Also found some Fantastic Coasters that were the most "L" thing I had ever seen! Definitely would have picked them up for her but the Owl post is on strike. ::sigh::



3 Comments:

  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger JR said…

    Was I just compared to a Golden Retriever? If so I may have to go on strike. Its bad enough that I have to deal with poodle comments from the uncle.

    As for PJ's, I will recommend it to anyone who happens to be in the Princeton area.

     
  • At 7:42 PM, Blogger L said…

    I definitely think that "poodle" is worse than "curly-locks"

     
  • At 5:39 PM, Blogger Rhodent said…

    Ahhh... I seem to recall "L" also referring to them as "ruffles" as in "Him have ruffles"

    Curly locks came later I think... perhaps there is another typ of curly-haired hound we coud refer to... besides he is not dumb... just extremely absent-minded. I like to think of it as selective thinking.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home